GRID Nepal has set the following objectives to support the government and its activities to meet is goals and objectives of the country under the proposition of the legislation and the prevailing laws of the country.
- Bringing the local manpower to the mainstream of all round development of the country providing the awareness to the local human resources for the appropriate technology management and development of the infrastructures in the rural areas.
- Supporting on the rural infrastructure development with the optimum utilization of the local manpower, making the research, investigation, and identification of the possible means and resources found in the local level.
- Implementation and management of renewable energy resources and benefiting all stakeholders.
- Making research, investigation, supervision and study on the alternative sources of energy such as solar energy, micro hydro-electricity, biogas, and wind energy, small span appropriate ropeway technology, lift irrigation, improved cooking stoves and other resources and supporting on their appropriate management, modernization and expansion.
- Identifying the society with the modern technology improving the traditional local technology.
- Identifying the local level with the development of renewable energy technology, developing intensively in the world and working with the coordination with the government, non-government, private organizations and intellectual personalities in the development of the renewable energy technology.
- Making strong and intensive contribution in the rural consolidation vitalizing the local consumers, providing them with the awareness training for the identification, supervision, establishment and preservation of the rural infrastructures evaluating the environment effect.
- Emphasizing on the establishment of the society of good citizen mobilizing the youths against the social anomalies and evils.
- Supporting on the development of the organic agriculture system reducing the chemical fertilizer changing the traditional farming into scientific agriculture system.
- Developing the concept of the micro-industry among the women and backward community, and developing the habit of being into the group and habit of saving.
- Running the unified and public participatory programs to the target group making the organizations and target group active, which are working in the local level to mobilize the donations and aids received from national and international government and non- government organizations effectively, making the essential coordination with them.
- Establish partnership and collaboration with local community to initiate community development activities and services in the field of education, health, water supply and sanitation, agriculture, community forest, environmental management and eco friendly roads etc.
- Provide support for capacity building of local institutions and communities for the establishment of good governance, institutionalization of planning process and democratic decision making.
- Facilitate to develop and link alternative energy such as micro hydro, bio gas, improved cooking stoves and solar energy to poverty reduction focusing the need of the targeted groups.